GP appointments for evening and weekends in South Tyneside
Wed 30th August 2017
NHS South Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is investing an extra £860,000 per year in local services which includes increased access to GP appointments during early evenings and weekends.
This has been introduced as we know that many patients find it hard to get an appointment during the day, especially if they are self-employed or their shift pattern makes it difficult to get away from the workplace, which is why we’re investing this money to make it easier for people to get a GP appointment.
This service will be provided by South Tyneside Health Collaboration. This company is formed from 17 GP practices in South Tyneside, and will work with all 22 practices in the area to make sure that patients are able to book appointments.
The scheme will launch on 1 September 2017 and will operate on the following basis:
- Appointments offered at various GP practices throughout South Tyneside
- Appointments available between 7am and 8am and 6:30pm and 8pm weekdays and pre-bookable appointments on Saturdays and Sundays
- There will be 312 additional appointments available every week
- Patients can book appointments by calling their normal GP practice during working hours
- The service is provided by South Tyneside Health Collaboration. This company is formed from 17 GP practices in South Tyneside and will work with all 22 practices in the area