South Tyneside NHS shares knowhow with workers of the future
Students at Whitburn Church of England Academy have received some expert training thanks to NHS South Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Science teacher Vicky Lowthian reached out to the organisation on behalf of year 12 students enrolled on the academy’s Health and Social Care BTEC.
In response, the CCG’s Clinical Director, Dr Jon Tose, devised and delivered a bespoke training session designed to help the students understand how doctors and other health professionals diagnose various common medical conditions. The full report can be found below:
Work with local secondary schools through Business in the Community Programme
South Tyneside CCG staff volunteer at local secondary schools assisting with a variety of careers based events. Staff work with young people talking about their role in NHS South Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group and helping them in a variety of activities, for example practice interviews, careers speed dating and CV building.
- Jarrow Classroom Ambassadors Wednesday 18-12-19 Volunteer Information
- Jarrow Classroom Ambassadors Example Workbook
- Mortimer Careers Fair Thursday 07-11-19 Volunteer Information
- St Joseph’s Careers Lab Thursday 18-07-19 Volunteer Information
- St Joseph’s Careers Speed Dating Friday 12-07-19 Volunteer Information
- Mortimer Practice Interviews 04-07-19 Volunteer Information